It’s no need to speak something about Hinduism specially here as we all know Its is the oldest religion in the world and its also called as oldest religion.Hinduism is mostly seen in India and Nepal.Hinduism believes in “the eternal law” or the “eternal way” beyond the human origins.
How ever here we are not going deeper into the Rituals,following and history of Hinduism.But here we are going know just a few interesting facts about Hinduism.
Some Facts you should Know about Hinduism
- About 13.8% of worlds Population is Hindus.
- Hinduism has no single founder, founding incident or date of origin like the other Religions.
Hinduism believes the conditions of one’s present life are due to karma, or accumulatedgood or bad behavior in past lives.
- Hinduism worships over 33 million gods or demigods.
The Mahabharata, used to teach the principles of Hinduism, is 1.8 million words long and is the longest poem in the world.
A majority of Hindus eat meat, only 30% do not.
At over 162.6 ha (401 acres), the Hindu temple Angkor Wat in Cambodia is the largest religious structure in the world.
There is a pilgrimage site in Sri Lanka that is holy to four religions for a “sacred footprint”: Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism and Christianity.
- Most Hindus say Euthanasia interrupts the timing of the cycle of rebirth and both the doctor and patient will take on bad karma as a result.
The Swastika is recognized as a symbol of auspiciousness in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism.
- India’s Hindu calendar has 6 seasons: spring, summer, monsoon, autumn, winter and prevernal.
- Hinduism accepts a man’s right to commit suicide through fasting to death, called “Prayopavesa.”